Craft: Rapping
Location: Seattle, WA

How did you get into doing Hip Hop music?

Well, as far as I can remember, at least some aspect of making music has always appealed to me. Simultaneously, I heard hip hop and fell in love with the music of it and began writing poetry and sensing an intense enjoyment and perhaps some talent. As I grew older, the merging of these was natural. There wasn't any defining moment I don't think, but a natural progression of what interested me, what I was passionate about, and the abilities i was given.

What's the main reason why you are coming to perform this event?

Any chance to perform, regardless of the situation, is one I cherish and look forward to. Rapping on stage is probably my favorite thing to do. The fact that this event has the chance to effect positive change outside of the music makes it that much more meaningful and exciting. I love to perform music, that's the main reason, but I love the idea of being a part of something as cool and potentially effective as this event and I'm happy to support in any way possible.

Is there some advice you'd like to share with those aspiring to be rappers?

Well, I hesitate to consider myself worthy of dispensing advice in this regard but: My primary advice would be to be yourself. Obviously this is about as cliche as an answer can get but it's a cliche for a reason. Every human being is different in SOME way - a great challenge as an artist is to capture that difference in your music or art in a way that is aesthetically pleasing and excellent. Of course, I'm still learning. However, I think hip hop, and music in general, would benefit and evolve and diversify if every aspiring rapper attempted to bring their uniqueness to the table, rather than their sameness. Of course, easier said than done. Advice #2 would be to practice.

-Notion
Artist Website (MySpace)

0 comments:


Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Word... | template modified from the K2 template found at Blogcrowds